Welcome to the beginning of year two of The Big Click! It’s a been a great year so far, and we have a lot in store. So much that indeed we have resorted to bulletpoints like the cretins you work with and their horrifying PowerPoint slide shows.
- You can now subscribe. Indeed, if you like us, you should subscribe. We’re offering subscriptions via Weightless Books, for we are always independent. $17.94 for a year, and we’ll appear right on your ereader the way a criminal can show up in your bedroom—when you least expect it. And with a knife.
- We are thrilled that Ken Bruen’s “The Angel of Hospitality”, from our debut issue is a nominee for the Spinetingler Award for best short story on the web. We hope you voted. Hell, we hope we won!
- We are even more thrilled to report that our regular columnist Tom Piccirilli has had a successful brain surgery, and his cancer seems to be in remission. While he recovers, we have brought in Barry Graham to be our interim regular columnist. You may remember Barry’s story “Big Davey Joins the Majority”; his non-fiction is as provocative, and rough-and-tumble.
- Oh, and stories, do we have stories! Joe Clifford is one of the leading exemplars of what we’ve started calling the East Bay Noir scene. (Is that dying for an anthology or what?) And coming at you from across the Atlantic is Tony Mason, the writing partner of the wonderful UK writer Dreda Say Mitchell. We need more of their stuff in North America! So be sure to subscribe, or buy our ebook issues right from us, so we can continue to scour the world for the best in crime fiction.
- And some teasers: next time we’ll have a story from Jason Ridler, and one from Ann Sterzinger. Yes, we will do a fundraising project and you can have the opportunity to own publisher Jeremy Tolbert’s hat! (He sweats in it when he eats…) And this autumn, we may just throw open submissions for a special theme issue. So keep your ears to the ground, your bodies in the gutter, and your eyes focused on the stars…till next time.